A CURIOUS INVENTION

Monday, August 9, 2010

Parting is no fun but partying is!

With relatives and friends visiting from all over the world and what not, there have been loads of outings and meeting new people. Meeting new people makes me realize how much effort and time it takes to be close to someone. For example, last week, my dad's friend from college came to visit us with his family. We just clicked instantly. His 2 beautiful daughters who were just full of never-ending energy, introduced themselves to me and then held my hand, both on each side, and started to talk as if we had known each other since..forever. We had such a great time! When they left, it made me think of how long it would take to make new close friends in the near future. In the past 8 yrs in Sweden, I was lucky enough to have 2 best friends. They are more than the sisters I never had. They are mathematically incorrectly speaking, my other halves.
One of them is leaving for university in less than a week and even though we're going to keep in touch, it's going to be SO difficult to not have her there! I am a very huggy person and I need my daily dose of hug!! ><
Yesterday, I was invited to her brother's b'day party which also happened to be the last time I met her before she left. I am going to see her next week but it won't be just the 2 of us which is different! =)

Here's a photo from yesterday:


Bébé Elise to start IB
Julia to go to South Africa
Emily to go to Linköping
I'll be going to Nottingham

Let life begin.

2 comments:

  1. it sucks when friends have to separate for uni, but me and my friends still keep in touch :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you're so lucky! I'm glad to hear that though =) There is hope aka Skype! xD
    <3

    ReplyDelete